Monday 16 December 2013

A Sweet Welcome to my blog ... with Mango Pista Kulfi ...

Helloss ....

Firstly thanks for visiting my blog.I hope you have a great time here.

I am Lakshmi and I am BIG FOODIE and hence the blog. I am a Software Engineer, who loves to squeeze time out to cook for hubby.

Though I am passionate about cooking, I am not yet an expert in cooking and believe in the motto "TRY and TRY until you SUCCEED". Being a Malayali married to a Bengali .. you will find mainly Bong and Mallu dishes in my blog.

I love trying out different cuisines by going through different blogs, watching cookery shows , asking my mom,aunts or mom-in-law. 

The credit for the photographs go to my hubby , who is also a great cook(would be posting some of his recipes too).

Do feel free to write to me for any queries or suggestions or recipes at lakshmisblog18@gmail.com

To start with I thought of posting a YUMMY Mango Pista Kulfi....




Ingredients:

1 litre Full fat milk
250 gms sweet khoya
1 Ripe Mango
Few Pistachios

Method:

  • Remove the skin and seed of the mango and make a puree out of it.
  • Cut the pistachios into small pieces.
  • Boil the milk till it reduces to 3/4th.
  • Add Khoya.
  • Now you can see that the milk has started to thicken slightly.
  • Take off from flame and cool it till warm.
  • Add the fresh mango puree and pistas.
  • Mix nicely.
  • Pour it in kulfi moulds, i didnt have kulfi moulds hence set them in a heart shape chocolate box.
  • Set it in fridge for 2 hours or till set.
  • To demould run a unsharp knife round the corners or if you have set in popsicle or kulfi moulds then run them over warm water for few seconds.

And Serve....

Enjoy this cold Yummy Mango Pista Kulfi....

Note : You can add sugar if you want it more sweet.


~~ Lakshmi

No comments:

Post a Comment